My Opening Thoughts

I'm back! I decided to come back to my blog and renew submitting my thoughts. I had taken time away due to my job and wasn't sure if my thoughts should be put online. After some consideration I have decided, screw it, I am going to speak my mind.

Some of you are aware, I work in the fishing industry as a sales representative. I had been concerned that my thoughts would be tied to a company that I work for. Well, here is my get out of jail free card, these are my thoughts, mine, not yours, mine! If or perhaps WHEN I say something stupid, I am stupid, not a company that I represent. These are my thoughts.

My fishing style is simple, I am a finesse fisherman with a minor in heavy cover! Odd combo I know but something that has served me well over the years. I love to have a couple drop shot rods on the deck and a couple flipping sticks.

I consider myself a good fisherman. Not the best or I would be doing it for a living. I enjoy tournaments but seldom fish them anymore due to high costs.

I prefer natural lakes that are near my home. I live in the great state of Minnesota! Minnesota offers what I believe is the best bass fishing in the world. Sure we have ice for 5 months a year but that is what also makes it so good. I can travel 30 miles from my home and fish over a dozen lakes where I can catch 3 to 5 lb fish on a regular basis! More important then that, I can do it in August and also have 25 to 50 fish days along with those 5lb fish. Sure we don't have 20lb Monsters like they do in California but we have the most consistent 3 to 5lb fish in the nation.

With my background in the fishing industry I will also make comments on the industry and thoughts on products. I have one major bias and that is my boat, Bass Cat makes the best boat in the world! Well, there is also a second bias, Humminbird.

With that being said lets all enjoy the ride!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Go Byron Go!!!!!!!!

Byron Velvick is leading the Clear Lake Elite tournament after 3 days and I for one am willing to stand up and say GO BYRON GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can hold a stupid opinion of him because of the Bachelor show but if you do you don't understand fishing. This guy can flat out catch them! I don't care how he looks, acts or how much gel he uses in his hair, the man is a stud fisherman!

I have stated on many chat boards over the years and even on this blog, the man won the US Open TWICE, not an easy tournament to win. If fact Rick Clunn has called that the toughest tournament in the country to win and Byron has won it TWICE! If you don't know about this tournament spend some time looking it up. Some beasts in the tournament world have won this thing and some studs have bombed fishing it.

I hope he blows the doors off this thing today!

GO BYRON GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: