My Opening Thoughts

I'm back! I decided to come back to my blog and renew submitting my thoughts. I had taken time away due to my job and wasn't sure if my thoughts should be put online. After some consideration I have decided, screw it, I am going to speak my mind.

Some of you are aware, I work in the fishing industry as a sales representative. I had been concerned that my thoughts would be tied to a company that I work for. Well, here is my get out of jail free card, these are my thoughts, mine, not yours, mine! If or perhaps WHEN I say something stupid, I am stupid, not a company that I represent. These are my thoughts.

My fishing style is simple, I am a finesse fisherman with a minor in heavy cover! Odd combo I know but something that has served me well over the years. I love to have a couple drop shot rods on the deck and a couple flipping sticks.

I consider myself a good fisherman. Not the best or I would be doing it for a living. I enjoy tournaments but seldom fish them anymore due to high costs.

I prefer natural lakes that are near my home. I live in the great state of Minnesota! Minnesota offers what I believe is the best bass fishing in the world. Sure we have ice for 5 months a year but that is what also makes it so good. I can travel 30 miles from my home and fish over a dozen lakes where I can catch 3 to 5 lb fish on a regular basis! More important then that, I can do it in August and also have 25 to 50 fish days along with those 5lb fish. Sure we don't have 20lb Monsters like they do in California but we have the most consistent 3 to 5lb fish in the nation.

With my background in the fishing industry I will also make comments on the industry and thoughts on products. I have one major bias and that is my boat, Bass Cat makes the best boat in the world! Well, there is also a second bias, Humminbird.

With that being said lets all enjoy the ride!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Velvick Wins Clear Lake Event!

Way to go Byron! I for one will look past the bachelor and say you are a GREAT fisherman and say congrats!

Byron won the event on a Jerry Rago swimbait. I am very impressed by the whole deal and wish that I could better understand the whole swimbait deal. I have tried and tried but guess what, haven't got it done.

Swimbaits are the rage all over the country and I just haven't seen any success on them in my part of the country. Perhaps after this event and when my state's ice clears I will try them again.

If I do, I will keep you in the loop.

4 comments:

Basspastor said...

Good to see you back blogging Ross.

Just a little tip: You should consider putting a Google Friend Connect Follower Gadget in your sidebar. I knew you were posting again because I manually chose to be a follower of your blog. The Gadget makes it easier for readers to sign up as followers.

HellaBass said...

Boy all the sudden you are a blogging machine

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
If someone want to know more about baitcasting reel I think this is the right place for you!
http://guidancesports.com/

Unknown said...

Wonderful article. Get More information Best Spincast Reels